High-Quality Care and Recognition
Performance You Can Trust
It's one thing to say that you're better, but it's another thing altogether to demonstrate that you are. Alaska Regional Hospital is proud of our track record of excellence in patient care. The high-quality care we consistently deliver has earned national and state recognition from third-party healthcare ratings organizations – year after year:
Quality Awards and Ratings
- Recognized as one of the nation’s best regional hospitals for orthopedic care for two consecutive years (U.S. News & World Report 2012-2011).
- Achieved the “Commitment to Quality Award” – six years in a row (Mountain-Pacific Quality Health 2012-2007).
Ranked #1 in Alaska by Healthgrades
- Spine Surgery – two years in a row (Healthgrades 2013-2012).
- Overall Orthopedic Services – four years in a row (2012-2009).
- Joint Replacement – six consecutive years (2012-2007).
- Overall Cardiac Services – two years in a row (2010).
Additional Healthgrades Rankings
- Five-Star Recipient for Back and Neck Surgery (except Spinal Fusion) for 2 Years in a Row (2013-2012)
- Five-Star Recipient for Sepsis Treatment (serious infections) four years in a row (2013-2010).
- Ranked #2 in Alaska for Overall Pulmonary Services (2012).
HealthGrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This organization empowers consumers through use of the Healthgrades proprietary information about clinical outcomes, satisfaction, safety, and health conditions to make more informed healthcare decisions and take action.