Volunteers are the hospital's most Valued Ambassadors because they give their time freely to others who are in need of their friendship, work expertise, and fellowship.
Alaska Regional Hospital Volunteers:
- Volunteers of the hospital are not members of the Hospital Auxiliary, but have the option to join if they wish to do so.
- Volunteers act as goodwill ambassadors, and help in various assignments throughout the hospital including:
- Main Lobby Information Desk
- Surgery Waiting Room
- Gift Shop
- Patient Menus
- Main Admitting and Emergency
- Hospital Couriers and Distribution of Patient Mail
- Hospital Clerical Areas
- Hospital Events and Health Fairs
- Hospital Unit Assignments
- Loree Schimmack Cancer Resource Library (5th Floor)
- Scholarship Program
- Children's Educational Tours
- Community Involvement
- Volunteer Orientation and training is provided to each new volunteer.
- Volunteers receive awards every year for their hours of service at the Annual Volunteer Awards Luncheon.
Alaska Regional Hospital Auxiliary:
- Membership dues of $6.00 per year
- This organization was formed solely for charitable purposes as a Non-Profit organization with funding raised through sales from the Hospital Auxiliary Gift Shop.
- Monies are donated to outside organizations, and to hospital departments which are designated by the Alaska Regional Hospital Auxiliary members.