Alaska House is guest housing for Alaska Regional Hospital patients and their families residing outside of the Anchorage area (beyond Indian to the south & Eklutna to the north).
As of September 1, 2014, Alaska House will be temporarily closed to due to construction upgrades within the hospital and will be relocated to the Extended Stay America Hotel in midtown at 700 East 34th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99503.
Registration for Alaska House rooms is coordinated by our Emergency Department Admitting staff. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis – we are unable to take reservations, but we will maintain a list of those who are interested in the rooms as they become available. Room rates are $89 plus tax, per night, credit card payment is required. Medicaid pre-authorized travel vouchers are accepted, as is valid written authorization for workers compensation and Veteran’s Administration Services.
- If you are in the hospital: To request a room, come to Emergency Room Admitting Department on the 2nd floor to request a room. Our staff will coordinate with the Extended Stay America front desk. If a room is available, you may then travel directly to the hotel. Payment will be made to the hotel.
- If you are outside of the hospital: To request a room, please call (907) 264-1263 and leave your name, desired stay dates and contact information. We will attempt to accommodate all requests, but remember that rooms are available on a first-come basis. We encourage you to call back 24-hours prior to your stay to confirm availability.
If a room is available, our Emergency Room Admitting staff will provide your name to Extended Stay America, and you may proceed directly to the hotel. Payment will be made to the hotel.
Transportation to and from Alaska Regional Hospital
Free shuttle service between Alaska Regional and the hotel is available:
- 9 a.m. - Shuttle leaves Extended Stay America
- 7 p.m. - Shuttle leaves Alaska Regional Hospital
Guests will be responsible for their own travel arrangement outside of the scheduled shuttle times.
Extended Stay Hotel Amenities
- Extended Stay America Hotel guests will be responsible for the room payment and all hotel charges, including any related to room damages.
- Rooms are equipped with two flat screen TVs, a sleeping room and kitchen - including microwave and stove, refrigerator and coffee maker.
- A free breakfast is offered at the Extended Stay America from 6 – 9:30 a.m.
- Free hotel amenities include parking, in-room Wi-Fi, business center and exercise room.
- The Alaska Regional Hospital-reserved rooms are nonsmoking rooms. Pets, other than certified service animals, are not allowed.
- On-site laundry facilities are available.
- Free airport shuttle for guests – hours of operation at 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Call the hotel directly to schedule: (907) 646-4208