- Cancer Care Center Calendar
- All Services
- All Services A-Z
- Cancer Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Emergency Care
- Imaging & Radiology
- Laboratory Services
- LifeFlight Air Ambulance
- Neuroscience Center
- Orthopedic & Spine Center
- Other Services
- Stroke Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care Center
Cancer Care Center Calendar
Cancer Care Center Calendar
Here you will find the calendar of upcoming events for the Cancer Care Center. Please check back regularly as new events and workshops are posted all the time.
Call us at (907) 264-1431 if you would like assistance with identifying community support group resources.
Look Good, Feel Better Program
- Location: Cancer Center Conference Room (Medical Office Building C, Suite 414)
- Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Dates in 2013: January 11th, February 8th, March 8th, April 12th, May 10th, June 14th, July 12th, August 9th, September 13th, October 11th, November 8th, December 13th
Look Good…Feel Better® teaches women how to cope with the appearance-related side effects of treatment. Taught by professional cosmetologists, this free program is open to all women undergoing cancer treatment. All patients receive a free make-up kit filled with items donated by the cosmetics industry.
Seating is limited and registration is required. Please contact the Cancer Center at 264-1431 to reserve your space or for additional dates, times and locations.
American Cancer Society Support Group
- Location: Wells Fargo Bank, 301 W. Northern Lights, 2nd floor conference room
- Time: 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- Dates: Every Tuesday
Weekly support group for cancer patients, survivors, family and caregivers.
Contact the American Cancer Society at 273-2077 with any questions.
Forget-Me-Not Grief Support
- Location: Hospice of Anchorage
- Time: 6:20 - 8 p.m.
- Dates: Twice a month on Thursdays
Grief support for children, teens and adults who love them.
Contact Hospice of Anchorage at 561-5322 with any questions.
Women LISTEN Support Group
- Location: Café Felix in the Metro Mall
- Time: 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Dates: Every Friday
Any woman with any type of cancer is invited to attend.
Contact 333-4894 or www.womenlisten.org.
Telephone Education Workshops
- Location: Alaska Regional Hospital, Cancer Center Conference Room (Medical Office Building C, Suite 414) --OR-- Alaska Cancer Care Alliance (2810 DeBarr Road, Suite 3000)
- Time: 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. (all workshops)
What is a Connect® Workshop?
CancerCare’s free Connect® Workshops are a way for people to learn about cancer-related issues from the convenience of their home or office. Leading experts in oncology provide the most up-to-date information on the phone.
How do I participate?
You can listen to the workshop on the telephone (at home, office, in the Cancer Care Center) or via live streaming through the internet. Participation is free.
One week prior to the CancerCare Connect® Connect Education Workshop, you will receive information and instructions on how to join the call. The instructions will include both a toll-free dial-in number that you can use to join the call by phone and a link to live streaming for international participants and others who prefer to listen to the call online. If you do not receive this information one week prior to the program, please email the CancerCare Education Department at: email@example.com.
How do I register?
- Come join us in the Alaska Regional Hospital Cancer Care Center (Building C-414)
- Or listen in at the Alaska Cancer Care Alliance (2801 DeBarr Road, Suite 3000)
- Call 800-813-HOPE (4673), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Register online at www.cancercare.org/connect
- Caring for Your Bones When You Have Breast Cancer
Friday, October 25, 2013, 9:30 –10:30 AM
- Managing Eye and Vision Changes Related to Cancer Treatments: A Guide for People Living with Cancer
Monday, October 28, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act in 2013: What’s New
Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Update on T-Cell Lymphoma
Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- New Perspectives in the Treatment of Renal Cell Cancer
Thursday, November 14, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Liver Cancer: Treatment Update and Managing the Costs of Treatment
Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:00 – 12:00 PM
- Advances in the Treatment of Lung Cancer
Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Current Perspectives on the Treatment of Colorectal Cancer
Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Update on Lymphoma from the 2013 American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting
Thursday, December 12, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Progress in the Treatment of Polycythemia Vera
Monday, December 16, 2013, 9:30 – 10:30 AM