In preparation for your baby's arrival, sign up to take a class designed to prepare you to approach labor, delivery, and early parenting with confidence and support. You will find all of the details for the classes offered at Alaska Regional Hospital on this page.
Online Childbirth Class
- Class Fee: $35
- Pre-registration is required
- Online access for 90 days
Our new online childbirth class is the perfect alternative for busy parents needing a flexible class schedule or for moms on bed rest. Have you given birth before? This online class is a great refresher course!
The eight-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information parents need to know to prepare for their birth.
Our online childbirth class will help you:
- Understand pregnancy – what’s happening to your body, discomforts, warning signs, nutrition, exercise, and more
- Learn about labor – preparing for birth, pre-labor signs, onset of labor, 3D animation of labor process, and more
- See how the stages of labor unfold – watch amazing real-life birth stories
- Discover helpful comfort techniques – breathing, relaxation, massage, visualization, focal points, hydrotherapy, labor and pushing positions, advice for partners , and more
How Do I Sign Up for a Class?
- You may register for a class by calling (907) 264-1722 or (888) 254-7884 toll free.
- The Call Center is open until 6 p.m. AKDT. If calling after hours, please leave a message with your name, phone number and zip code. A representative will return your call the next business day.
- We only accept credit card payments at this time.