For almost 50 years, thousands of Alaskans just like you have counted on Alaska Regional Hospital for medical care. Our Emergency Department is ready and able to handle major trauma as well as medical emergencies. We perform to national standards in cardiac care and stroke care .
Alaska Regional Hospital’s Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day by board-certified Emergency Medicine Physicians, Emergency Nurses and experienced technicians.
For cardiac and stroke emergencies, our Emergency Department staff are trained in advanced cardiac care and neurological assessment and intervention to ensure the best care possible is delivered promptly.
- Emergency Medicine nurses with training in CEN, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ATLS, and CFRN.
- Treatment bays for major trauma and cardiac patients with state of the art equipment.
- Heated, enclosed garage for emergency transport vehicles.
- Direct in-flight communication between physicians and LifeFlight aeromedical crews.
- Trauma Nurse Coordinator follows patients throughout their hospital stay, participates in state wide trauma programs and works with community services for trauma prevention education.
- Alaska Regional Hospital is the only non-military hospital in the state where fixed wing aircraft can taxi to the door.