What Are Hospitalist Services?
Here For You During A Hospital Stay
Alaska Regional Hospital is committed to consistently delivering high-quality patient care. Among the many people helping us meet this important goal are our hospitalists. These local doctors have the knowledge and experience to care for the unique needs of hospitalized patients.
When you need medical treatment that requires an extended hospital stay, your doctor may refer you to our team of hospitalists. They will make sure you receive the most appropriate care during your stay with us. Hospitalist care is a choice you and your primary care physician will make.
Patients are encouraged to think of hospitalists as a partner with their regular doctor, one who is working as a member of the healthcare team to assist in your return to good health. Your doctor will take over your continued care after discharge.
If you are hospitalized after a visit to our Emergency Department, your doctor may recommend hospitalist care. Even if you do not have a primary care physician, you can depend on our hospitalists while you are in our facility.
Round-the-clock services; 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Personalized medical treatment in partnership with your primary care doctor
- More time for daily patient care
- Improved care by working closely with key hospital staff
- Quick response if an unexpected medical situation occurs
- Prompt answers when you and your family have questions
- Efficient management of patient discharges
- Review your previous medical history, current medications and special needs
- Evaluate and treat your medical condition
- Manage your daily care and help you recover
- Send frequent updates to your doctor during hospitalization and after discharge
At Alaska Regional Hospital, The Alaska Hospitalist Group provides general medical care to patients admitted to our facility. Their goal is to improve the outcomes of hospitalized patients by dedicating physicians to focus on inpatient care.
The Alaska Hospitalist Group is comprised of highly trained, board-certified physicians specializing in family practice, internal medicine, critical care and pulmonary care. Hospitalists at Alaska Regional meet strict criteria regarding education, licensing and credentialing.
For more information about The Alaska Hospitalist Group, see http://www.alaskahospitalist.com/.