We have many helpful resources on campus, including the Cancer Resource Center and the Loree Schimmack Library. You can also use the reference links listed below for additional information.
Alaska Regional Hospital Cancer Care Center
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Alaska Regional Hospital Campus, Medical Office Building C, Suite 414
- Resources Available: Computer access, Library, Meetings, Support Groups, Social Worker, Cancer Boutique, Cancer Care Coordinator, Research Nurses
Alaska Regional Hospital Loree Schimmack Cancer Resource Library
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Outpatient Location: Alaska Regional Hospital Campus, Cancer Care Center, Medical Office Building C, Suite 414
- Resources Available: Computer access, Library
Alaska Cancer Care Alliance
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Location: Alaska Regional Hospital Campus, Suite 3000 (3rd floor access through Main Lobby Elevators)
- Resources Available: Patient Support and Resources, Workshops, Mentorship
National Institutes of Health
Government website for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health.
National Cancer Institute
Government website for the National Cancer Institute - a Department of the National Institutes of Health.
American Cancer Society
Website for the nationwide, community- based voluntary health organization.
Cancer Survivor's Network
Online community of Cancer Survivors provided as a commercial free service from the American Cancer Society.
National, non-profit organization that provides free professional help to people with all cancers through counseling, education, information and referral and direct financial assistance.
View Our Breast Self Exam Video
A breast self exam, or BSE, can mean the difference between life and death. That's because early detection and treatment is the key to surviving breast cancer. When the disease is detected before it has spread to other parts of the body, the survival rate is 90% or better. If you're a woman 20 or older, there is no excuse for not doing this simple, lifesaving routine. Every month. Click here to view our breast self exam instructional video, narrated by KTUU News anchor Maria Downey.