One-Eighty is a hospital-based, inpatient medical service for voluntary withdrawal from alcohol. We will soon be able to offer withdrawal from other substances including opioids and prescription medications. Patients are treated medically with professional support to effectively manage the symptoms of withdrawal while ensuring their safety, comfort and confidentiality.
Please note that this is not a psychiatric or behavioral care service and it is not for patients in advanced stages of withdrawal who need emergency care. Voluntary patients are screened by our staff to ensure they meet our medical criteria and method of payment. The service is covered by Medicaid, Medicare and most insurance plans.
Patients are scheduled for admission to the hospital, and most experience an average length of stay of 3-5 days. Discharge planning is an important component of this service - planning is facilitated by our One-Eighty staff, who provide patients with a tailored plan of care for follow up treatment after discharge to help them maintain sobriety.
As a resource to our community, we help everyone who calls by facilitating their admission into One-Eighty, or by assisting them to find a more appropriate service to meet their needs.
The highlights of our One-Eighty service include:
- Confidentiality of a 3- 5 day stay at Alaska Regional Hospital
- Medical withdrawal stabilization only. Outpatient services are not part of this service. However, our service coordinator assists each patient with planning for next steps
- Physician directed care with 24-hour nursing care
- High quality of care only available at a medical hospital facility
- Discharge planning for next steps following discharge from the hospital
- Excellent patient satisfaction
- Acceptance of Medicaid, Medicare, commercial insurance and private pay
If you or someone you love is ready to take the first step toward a better life, turn to One-Eighty for help today. Please call (907) 264-1180 for more information.