As we continue to navigate through the pandemic, the facility-approved visitors will be evaluated regularly.
Visitor access to Alaska Regional Hospital has been limited to the following:
As of May 2021, we have updated our visitor policy.
Visitors allowed 9:00am – 9:00pm:
- Inpatients may have two visitors at a time
- In room only, no walking in the halls or cafeteria access, masked at all times
- NOTE Excludes:
- Inpatients that are positive for COVID-19.
- Inpatients on contracts will not be allowed visitors at this time.
- Department of Correction patients will not be allowed visitors per the security policy.
Visitors allowed 24/7:
- Emergency Room Patients may have 1 visitor
- Children under 18 may have 1 caregiver present
- NICU patients may have 1 parent present
- OB patients may have 1 labor partner
- Family of patients who are end of life
Visitors allowed during Surgical/Procedures:
- Outpatient Surgical/Procedure Patients may have one family member present before surgery/procedure. They must wait outside of facility during surgery/procedure but will be allowed back in for discharge planning and patient education.
Visitors allowed during Imaging Department Studies/Procedures:
- Outpatient Procedure Patients may have one family member present before procedure. They must wait outside of facility during procedure but will be allowed back in for discharge planning and patient education.
- will receive a health screening which includes questions and having your temperature checked
- Access will be denied for “yes” to any screening question or a temperature that equals or is greater than 100.4
- must provide full name and contact information prior to entry
- must be wearing a mask without exceptions
- will have a blue visitor band placed on their wrist which must be worn at all times
Per Alaska Regional Hospital Visitor Policy, visiting may be limited or restricted based upon the patient’s condition and the discretion of the patient or caregiver.
Our priority is to provide a safe environment for all patients, staff, physicians, and visitors.
Effective May 2021